Day 1

Sam and Debbie had a good trip to Vancouver. At BCCH, Ladonna came to visit Sam while he was getting his treatment. Sam did very well with his spinal and the two other chemo drugs he received on day one of his final phase before Maintenance. This was the first time he didn't get sick on such a heavy treatment day.

They were able to visit with Debbie's dad on Saturday in Abbotsford and flew back to PG this morning. We went to Lori's baptism party at Nemitz's and celebrated her wonderful day. She gave her testimony in church today and it was very powerful.

We also saw my Auntie Susan and Uncle John who were visiting from Kelowna. It was so nice to see them again. My cousin Kenny died of Leukemia when I was very young. They reminded me today that I was in Prince George for Kenny's funeral. I was so young that I do not remember it. They have supported us and encouraged us during the last few months as they shared some of their experiences with us from that time. So many similar emotions and experiences. They gave Sam a great big hug and encouraged us so much. I was glad that we had a chance to see them today in church.

Basketball starts tomorrow for Kate and Karly. It should be a great season and we're looking forward to seeing them play together for the first time.

57 days. That's how long this treatment phase will last. It will be a very different Christmas for our family as we look at helping and encouraging Sam through this very difficult time.

Thanks for your prayers for our family.

Ger

No comments: